- ELEVATING THE STRATEGIC ROLE OF HR
- COMPASSION IN EMPLOYEE RELATIONS
By popular demand, the award is bigger and better than ever, with recognition in 4 distinct categories
The 2017 HR Hero Award Recipients
The HR Hero Award celebrates HR professionals for their invaluable contribution to their organizations and/or the community at large.
Thank you to everyone who contributed to the growth and success of this program! From all of the terrific nominations, these four individuals stood out for their contributions in their respective categories. To learn more about the HR Heroes and our upcoming award reception, please contact our event coordinator, Sally Schachat, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nominate A Colleague For HR Hero of the Year
Help us give the unsung heroes of the HR community the recognition they deserve!
The HR Hero of the Year Award recognizes HR professionals for their invaluable contribution to their business and the community at large. You can nominate anyone - friend, colleague or professional contact - the important thing is that your stories get told. Nominating someone is easy, and you'll be eligible to win an Apple watch for your nominations!
ELEVATING THE STRATEGIC ROLE OF HR
- Partners with senior management to raise the visibility of the HR function
- Takes specific steps to change the status quo role of HR
- Demonstrates to senior management how HR can creatively support key business objectives
- Takes on personal career risk in an effort to elevate the strategic role of the HR function
- A natural role model
- Shows concern for colleagues as people
- Willingness to take on mentoring roles outside the scope of work
- Guiding, supporting, and promoting the training and career development of others
- Demonstrating a long-term commitment to mentoring
COMPASSION IN EMPLOYEE RELATIONS
- Handles challenging and emotionally-charged situations with grace and respect
- Finds creative solutions that create trust and improve employee morale
- Demonstrates compassion and generosity of spirit when terminating employees
- Successfully balances employer interests with principles of employee advocacy
- Carries a volunteer event when others mysteriously disappear
- Brings the kind of contagious energy to volunteer work that makes it successful
- Show creativity in developing volunteer programs
- Heroes will be announced at the January 27th, 2017 HR Network Breakfast
- HR Heroes will be celebrated at a Reception (details TBD)
- The HR Heroes of the Year will be featured in our newsletter and on our website
Past HR Hero Award Recipients
Aleyda Meyers, Director, All-Agency Veteran Recruitment, MTA
Bryan Olson, CHRO, K&L Gates LLP
Dana Aldis, Sr. Director, Training, Comm. & Culture, LivingSocial
Joanne Rencher, CPO, GSUSA
Eric Lange, Associate Executive Director, 92Y
Fred Strobel, Director Of Talent Mobility, Morgan Stanley
Minerva Garcia, VP HR, Accordant Media
Suzanne Jakstavich, SVP HR, Avalon Bay
MJ O'Leary, SVP, John Wiley & Sons
Geralyn Cappelli, EVP, Rabo Bank International
Maritza Diaz, Executive Director, Financial Services
Jeff Cohen, VP Labor Relations, Mt. Sinai Medical
Patricia Bradley, Global Head HR, Novartis Pharmaceuticals
Lindsey Cotter, Director HR, Scholastic Inc.
Robert Defendorf, Director HR, Scholastic Inc.
Ron Thomas, VP Org. Development, Martha Stewart Living
Andrea Weinzimer, VP HR, Hachette Book Group