The Insider Program: Small Group Coaching
For those in career transition who may not have received a company-paid counseling benefit, the Insider program provides outstanding value. Our small group format gives you access to our top certified coaches at a substantially lower cost than private coaching.
Our methodology, honed over 25 years, helps our clients to further their careers and to get better jobs faster. When you think of all of the things in your life where you seek professional advice, career management should not be the exception. Professionals at all levels benefit from having someone in their corner. After all, Derek Jeter still has a hitting coach.
How It Works
The Five O’Clock Club’s Insider program is our fastest growing and most popular offering. The core element of the Insider program is a weekly small-group strategy session. We match you with a group of your peers in terms of career accomplishments. But, these are people from a range of industries and disciplines.
The weekly meetings or teleconferences are hosted by the Five O’Clock Club’s certified career coaches. But, the involvement of your peers is what makes the small groups so successful. The benefits include peer review, peer accountability and the opportunity to network. Job search is hard work. And, our small groups are proven to be a powerful motivating force.
What To Expect
When you join the program, you will receive a set of 16 lectures on CD or MP3. We will also provide you with the details for your weekly meeting or teleconference. You will join the same group every week.
Each week, before your small group strategy session, look for the topic of the week, then listen to that topic on the CD. Of course, you can listen to the CDs as often as you want!
During your first week, just listen to how each person in your small group is strategizing his or her search. You can learn a lot by simply listening to the others in your group.
By the second week, you will have listened to the materials and be in full participation mode. The job of the coach is to help you strategize and to move your search forward. And, your small group peers are a great sounding board. Together, this will help you get the practical results you are looking for, such as getting more interviews in your target area, or turning those interviews into offers!
Those who participate are professionals, managers, and executives, generally matched in groups by salary range/experience level. You will be in a group of your peers. Members of the Insider program often exchange e-mail addresses and telephone numbers. Insiders make a big effort to help their peers.
Five O’Clock Club Membership
To join costs $49, which includes a beginner’s kit to get you up to speed on your search and access to the members section of the website. It also includes a subscription to our e-mail newsletter, The Five O’Clock News, which focuses on such topics as career development, work-life balance, and job-search techniques.
Insider Program Fees
The fee for the sessions, which is in addition to the membership fee, are shown below. Please also note that if you find employment, you may transfer your unused sessions to anyone you like.
New York Live Branch Option
Our two in-person groups meet in Manhattan on Monday and Wednesday evenings. These groups have the same makeup as the Insider teleconference groups. However, they are two hours in length and include a comprehensive presentation by one of our Master Coaches. There is also a bigger networking opportunity in the large group format that precedes the small group breakout sessions.
Combining the Insider program with one-on-one private coaching can accelerate your career transition even further, particularly in the initial stages. Upon request, we can connect you with one of our certified career coaches for private coaching sessions. Our coach matching process takes into your background, goals and level of accomplishment. All of our coaches are Five O’Clock Club certified, but rates do vary based on levels of expertise. Our coaches will tell you their hourly rates upfront. There is no minimum obligation.
If you wish to proceed, please call us at the 1-800-538-6645 and we can get you started.
INSIDER Presentation Schedule – 2013
- Dec 2-6 Keys to Effective Networking
- Dec 9-13 Your Résumé and the Two-Minute Pitch
- Dec 16-20 Beat the Odds with Search Firms & Ads
- Dec. 23-27 HOLIDAY WEEK – No Sessions Scheduled
- Dec. 30-Jan 4 HOLIDAY WEEK – No Sessions Scheduled
- Jan. 6-10 Shortcut Your Search: Internet & Other Research
- Jan. 13-17 Developing New Momentum in Your Campaign
- Jan. 20-24 HOLIDAY WEEK – No Sessions Scheduled
- Jan. 27-31 Getting the Most Out of Your Contacts
- Feb. 3-7 Getting Interviews: Direct & Targeted Mail
- Feb. 10-14 The 5OCC Approach to Interviewing
- Feb. 17-21 HOLIDAY WEEK – No Sessions Scheduled
- Feb. 24-28 Handling Difficult Interview Questions
- March 3-7 The Five O’Clock Club Approach to Job Search
- March 10-14 How to Turn Job Interviews into Offers
- March 17-21 Developing New Targets for Your Search
- March 24-28 Four-Step Salary Negotiation Method
- Mar 31-Apr 5 Advanced Interviewing Techniques
- April 7-11 Keys to Effective Networking
- April 14-18 PASSOVER WEEK – No Sessions Scheduled
- April 21-25 Your Résumé and the Two-Minute Pitch
- April 28-May 2 Beat the Odds with Search Firms & Ads
- May 5-9 Shortcut Your Search: Internet & Other Research
Note: All groups run continuously. Future dates will be posted when it gets closer to the time.
The following textbooks are used by all members of The Five O’Clock Club. (Retail: $15.99 each or $56.95 for the set)
Please order the books prior to your first meeting:
- Targeting a Great Career,
- Packaging Yourself: The Targeted Résumé,
- Shortcut Your Search: The Best Ways to Get Interviews;
- Mastering the Job Interview and Winning the Money Game
Admin. Offices: The Five O’Clock Club, 300 E. 40th St.New York, NY 10016.
1-800-538-6645 for information on becoming a member and receiving a subscription to The Five O’Clock News)
The Five O’Clock Club, 5OCC, Seven Stories Exercise and Forty-Year Vision are all a registered trademarks of The Five O’Clock Club, Inc.
All rights reserved. Copyright, 2013, The Five O’Clock Club, Inc.
The original Five O’Clock Club was formed in Philadelphia in 1883. It was made up of the leaders of the day who shared their experiences “in a spirit of fellowship and good humor.